Monday, June 29, 2015

open thread -- rant away

So the rainbow flag has now replaced the Stars and Stripes.

The Confederate Battle Flag is pariah but images of Che Guevara iconic.

Words no longer mean anything but what a few judges want them to mean.

And the image below absolutely infuriates me.

EPA SEZ: As symbolic as the Confederate flag, and as damaging to a new minority of religious conscience (whether they are right or wrong)

wrong in whose eyes? asks this ignorant bitter clinger


All within the last seven days.

Wish I had time to sit here and rant all day -- cuz I could -- but I have to get to the paying gig.

You know, the one where I'm getting rich in this booming economic wreckovery tossing boxes around the stockroom of a big box retailer.

But please, you hear us rant so much here and I know there are so many more of you out there reading this so go ahead and rant away in comments.


so when do you reckon they will officially replace the bald eagle with the unicorn?

9 comments:

LL said...

I think that the big arguments remaining pivot around whether the unicorn is flying or walking and whether it's a horn or a penis on the head - replacing the bald eagle.

Naturally the trasgeneder men and lesbians prefer no horn at all on the unicorn, which makes it just a pony. The debate rages.

WC said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
WC said...

Turning and turning in the widening gyr
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

William Butler Yeats

Redneck Texan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Redneck Texan said...

(Rant On).....

You know as fucked up as the daily news is today .... with Islamist blowin' shit up, and leftists ripping apart the fabric of what was our society .... with the demographic shifts caused by an immigration system undermined by decades of abuse of the 14 Amendment making my neighborhood unrecognizable ..... with the realization that solutions to our problems will never be found at the ballot box ........ The one entity I put full blame on for letting this shit get so far out of control ..... is myself.

When my ancestors ran across an existential threat to their way of life and value systems they stood up and risked their freedom, prosperity, and life if need be to do what those working inside the legal system of the time could not.

Me? ...... I'm just gonna cower in my comfort zone and try to weather the storm out for 20 or 30 more years. Let my children deal with the insurmountable societal problems I'm leaving them. I'll protect my family and property until I run out of ammo, but I'm not prepared to risk what I have to fix our problems the only way I know they can be fixed.

..... Fuck Me

(/Rant)

Pastorius said...

Heres my rant:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrdL42hbpsQ

Epaminondas said...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21dh4JDZ2ts

Until we wake up

midnight rider said...

indeed



indeed



Indeed

Pastorius said...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YfvBnTe16o