Saturday, August 30, 2014

From the Amazon Jungle to the Road to Damascus

Greeting from the Amazon jungle city of Iquitos, Peru.

I've been living in the city and the jungle for just over two years now, my third year in South America, and I think it is about time for me to consider a move to lesser pastures. I've been on the road for most of my life, and it looks like this will be the whole of my life. Today the Amazon jungle, tomorrow, I'm not so sure.

In the past three months, June, July, and August, I have published three books. My latest is a novel, and action/thriller of a sort, set in Iquitos. It's not exactly James Bond or Jason Bourne. It is, in fact, Jockk Brand. And it's not exactly a high-tech shoot-'em-up. Take a look for yourself and decide.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0987761552/ref=cm_sw_su_dp

I write today to inform you all that my time in South America is winding down and that I will depart as soon as my next book if published, a book on Rubber Boom architecture in the Amazon. Once that is complete, my next stop might be Syria.

I will need some help if I am to get to Syria, and I'll need further help staying there as a blogger, novelist, and general intellectual. I'll write more about this as things progress.

Meantime, if you don't have my address, contact Jaco for more details.

My best from Iquitos, Peru

Dag Walker.

No comments: