Friday, May 28, 2010

Sestak Statement

From Ace:

He got the word and keeps it inline with the White House story.
Last summer, I received a phone call from President Clinton. During the course of the conversation, he expressed concern over my prospects if I were to enter the Democratic primary for U.S. Senate and the value of having me stay in the House of Representatives because of my military background. He said that White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel had spoken with him about my being on a Presidential Board while remaining in the House of Representatives. I said no. I told President Clinton that my only consideration in getting into the Senate race or not was whether it was the right thing to do for Pennsylvania working families and not any offer. The former President said he knew I'd say that, and the conversation moved on to other subjects. There are many important challenges facing Pennsylvania and the rest of the country. I intend to remain focused on those issues and continue my fight on behalf of working families.
Either this is pure crap and/or Sestak was overstating the whole thing from the beginning.
Why get Clinton involved just to offer an advisory board position? Maybe if it was going to be SecNav (which is couldn't have been), then you get a former President involved but for this?
And even if was for this position, who exactly would give up a Senate run for this type of position?
Of course, the MFM will dutifully take their marching orders and declare 'case closed' and move along. Fortunately, we don't need the MFM to follow up on these types of stories and I imagine Congressman Darrell Issa is only going to be more energized.
Added:
Interesting note from FNC...Bill Clinton was at the White House yesterday.
There are also reports that someone from the White House spoke with Sestak's brother (who is also his campaign manager) yesterday.
Getting their ducks in a row...it's the Chicago way.

Issa's statement.
Continue reading

No comments: