Sunday, May 31, 2009

The Country Gentleman

A couple years ago my wife and I went to see Ray Price, Merle Haggard and Willie Nelson during their Last of the Breed tour.

Great Show.

And surprising. At 80 yrs old then, 7 years Willie's & 11 yrs Merle's senior, Ray Price still had, by far, the strongest voice of them all.

Smooth as fine Kentucky bourbon.

One of my favorite vocalists and one of my favorite songs (yeah, I walk around the house singing this one a lot. And am often reminded I'm no Ray Price)


Ray Price
San Antonio Rose

1 comment:

Ed Miller said...

I love Ray's "For the Good Times"

Yeah, that's an easy one to cite, but I LIVED it once - or twice!! *grin*

Ah, memories...

And Ray Price, Rush Limbaugh, and I all share a birthday. :)

That's good company, and probably my only brush with greatness....

"Sic Semper Midnight Rider!"- pupista